Monday, November 26, 2012

Repost a year and a half later. 2014 God you were so faithful!




     Today was an interesting day.  An appointment with a new neurologist who specializes in MS (Multiple Sclerosis).  I giggle a bit when I write that.  "Specialist".....really?  Do you have it too??  LOL!!  I really, truly, do appreciate the doctors I have worked with the last 11 years.  Most have been gracious, kind, informed, and present.  But really, unless you have experienced it, can you REALLY give the perfect advice?  I just don't know....

I guess I feel a bit.........pessimistic? Fearful?  Scared?  Worried?.......
How about............NORMAL?!!!!

I think what has brought on this "processing" is that my sweet friend has been diagnosed with cancer.  She is one of the people that you say to yourself....."God....really?".....Why her?

It has me "bugged"!!!!!!!
(being super honest here!)

But then, I was talking to a friend of mine and they said to me..."that is how I feel about your situation too".  
And it hit me once again....

NO ONE is exempt from pain and suffering!

We aren't supposed to be!!  We are actually......CHOSEN!  How we choose to handle each situation, who we turn to, who our faith is in...that is what determines the road we will be on 
for the duration of the challenge.

  I bet if I ask my sweet friend to be honest she would say she has already learned so much about herself, about the true nature and character of God, and about family and faithful friends.

So forgive my temporary lack of my normal "optimism".  My friends call me the "cup is half full girl."   But there are certainly days when I cling, and I mean CLING  to the promise that my future is secure.  It has a purpose.  My friend is in the precious palm of the Creator God and I will pray for a miracle.....for her, for her sweet family, and for all of us who question every day what God's plan is in the cloud of uncertainty ahead of us. 

A few things I know with absolute certainty.......

GOD IS FAITHFUL.

HE IS TRUE.

HE KEEPS HIS PROMISES.

So in this little "Joy Project" of mine, I choose Joy.  I choose Faith.  I choose HOPE.  I choose to move forward.  And I choose to share this road with the people I love and who 
need to hold a hand sometimes too.


Everyday hold the possibility of a miracle. 

With hope.....Deb



*****update! Now a year and a half later she is cancer free! Woohoo. It's amazing what God can do. We trust His faithfulness and miracles still do come true. And this is why we pray and pray and pray. Hallelujah!












1 comment:

  1. Love your honest sharing AND that you choose joy! Praying for you and all your family, Jan

    ReplyDelete