What amazing, comforting words.
There are times in our lives when these words pour over us like a shower of peace and comfort. Lately in my life, this has been so evident. I take refuge in these words and raise my hands in thanksgiving for the truth of them.
It's been tough lately.....medical emergencies, work and financial stress, illness in friends we love, election time, children going through challenges, etc. But that is life isn't it? There are hilltops and valleys, and so often we try to take the reigns and control the circumstances. But what God wants is for us to trust HIM. Why is that so hard for us to do?
Some of my dear friends have heard the stories of God "showing up" the last couple weeks exactly when I needed it. Last week I was crying out to God about a particular situation and asked Him for His wisdom, not my own. I was literally desperate! Instantly, I turned on the radio and "The Hurt and the Healer Collide" came on my Mercy Me. WOW! Perfect words in the perfect moment!! Why am I ever surprised or blindsided by Him?
Yet what amazes me and humbles me to my very core is that He does this because........ready?..........why?...........HE LOVES ME!
So what do I need to go? I need to trust Him. Heart and soul, with all that I am, I need to trust Him. Do I believe or do I not? I need to act, live, pray, speak, and trust with the assurance that I truly believe in the Sovereignty and trustworthiness of the God and creator of the Universe.
And what do we get out of this? (Because you know in our selfish hearts we actually ask this)
What we "get" is....... PEACE, contentment and courage in all circumstances, sweet relief that we don't have to be in control of everything. What a gift from this amazing God who loves each one of us like we were the only one on earth.
Several times this week when I would start to slide back into fear, frustration and the temptation to control, .....I could hear His voice in my heart... "Baby, I got this". And then I could breathe again.
With tears down my cheeks, all I can humbly say is.... "Thank you".
Remember my dear friends......."He's got this". xo
Psalm 141:8
"But my eyes are fixed on you, Sovereign Lord,
in you I take refuge"
Here is the song by Mercy Me...I hope it blesses you as much as it has for me. hugs...


Yes, HE is in control...AND His control is good. Thank you so much for sharing these insights, Debby. Your words carry much weight and credibility as I see you move through your personal trials. May His love envelope you as you trust Him! Love, Jan
ReplyDelete