I share this because we have seen many couples have the best of intentions but their marriage is last on the list of obligations and commitments. Then they wonder why they end up as strangers and no longer best friends.
I have a hard time saying no. I don't like to admit when I can't commit to something, or feel like I am disappointing someone when I can't say yes. But God gently has reminded me this year that my husband, my best friend, is where my ministry begins. And that reminder has greatly blessed us and brought us closer during this time.Just a couple points to encourage:
1. Prioritize: Re-evaluate your schedule. What percentage is your marriage getting in comparison to others. I am a Mom, so I understand our children take a huge chunk. But there is nothing greater than kids seeing their parents put each other first.
2. Protect: Learn to say no and to set boundaries. This is a tough one for me, but I see the benefits far outweighing my fear of disappointing someone. I need my man to know he is first. Your spouse is the one you spend your lifetime with. Shouldn't that be the most protected relationship?
3. Peace: Turn off the noise. Our world screams at us from all sides. Unplug, turn it off. Find some times of peace and quiet together. De-stressing together builds intimacy.
4. Play: We still act like kids sometimes. Don't forget to laugh, play, find humor in the challenges and be creative finding fun things to do together.
5. Pray: Most importantly, pray. Pray for each other, and with each other and you will be blown away at the intimacy it creates. I promise.
Well, gotta go, he's on his way home from the airport. Can't wait to hug my best friend. Go hug yours. :-)
Blessings,
Deb


Perfect timing............again!! I am going to be counseling a friend next week. She is struggling with some issues in her marriage. I have copied this blog entry and am going to share it with her. Thanks, Sweet Daughter. oxoxoxo
ReplyDelete