I love to write.
I love to teach.
More importantly I love to teach and read the writings of my
amazing students I get the privilege of being with part time every week.
They teach me so much and they give me great hope for our
future and for the "state of the world".
They are filled with compassion, insight, courage, and honesty.
They are normal 13 year old girls with all the challenges that go along with that
but they amaze me, they persevere, and I love my time with them.
Today was one of those days.......
We celebrated Jesus today. We watched clips of meaningful Christmas movies, songs, etc.
(some silly, some serious), then we went into a discussion about the "Little Drummer Boy", and we watched a clip of the movie. In my previous blog I had mentioned it was my favorite Christmas movie. I love that this little boy full of anger, hate and loss gives his heart and his gift of music to the newborn
baby at the manger, and he is changed.
So, I asked the girls.....
"What can you bring Jesus this year for Christmas?"
Here is some of the honesty and wisdom from these 13 year old girls:
(no names will be used for anonymity)
1. I give you my selfishness and ask humility toward my sister
2. I give you my adoration of who you are.
3. I give you my stress.
4. I bring you my love.
5. I bring you my whole heart.
6. I bring you my heart, my sacrifice, my song, and my love.
7. I give you my jealousy, please take it.
8. I bring you this Christmas my full attention and thankfulness.
9. I will give unto others what you have done for me.
10. I bring you my worldly desires.
11. I bring you my pain and my hurt to heal.
12. I give you my fears and my anger and I bring you my desire for a servant's heart.
13. I bring you my pride.
14. I bring you my burdens and I thank you for loving me.
15. I bring you everything....all that I am, and all that I have. I will make room for you in my heart!
WOW!
I told you they were amazing!
Let's take the advice and wisdom of these 13 year old girls and apply
it to our own lives this Christmas. What will YOU bring Him?
To Jesus: I give you.............................. |
Thank you wonderful girls for the humility and bravery in being
honest with God and honest with yourself. Your gift of your heart is exactly
what Jesus wants from all of us this Christmas!
Merry Christmas amazing ones!


love this Mrs.Benis <3
ReplyDeleteprayers and hugs! Mrs B
Delete:) <3 this 2
DeleteThank you for sharing Debbie...I love these girls so much! Thank you for being their Bible teacher! xo Mama C
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for youror influence in their lives too. :-)
Delete